HBO GO is one of the “Most Subscribe” channels. The channel streams more than 1,400 HBO original series along with movies, news, documentaries, and mini-series. HBO is a paid channel and you can watch preferred series of any season on HBO for free. HBO GO is now available only for who resides in the USA.
Does Amazon Fire TV Stick support HBO GO?
To watch HBO GO on Amazon Fire TV stick the user can check if their streaming device supports the channel. This avoids certain unnecessary activation issues. The channel is compatible with Amazon Fire TV, and all the 1st and later generation of Amazon Fire TV Stick. The channel is also attuned to Amazon Fire tablets. These channels are available only through selected TV providers. Users can contact their TV provider or visit the HBOGO.com/devices to know the participating TV providers.
Signing in to HBO GO
- In case the user has an HBO subscription through a participating TV provider then the user can visit https://www.hbo-go-activate.com com
- Download HBO GO app on your Amazon Fire TV stick.
- Users can now open HBO GO app.
- And choose the Sign In option.
- In case the user doesn’t have an account, they can stay on the same screen until they receive an activation code.
- The user can open HBO GO app through any of the android devices and login in.
- Select the Activate your device options.
- Now the user can enter the activation code that appears on the TV on the ‘Activate the device’.
- Then the user can select the Amazon Fire TV stick as the device.
- And select your TV provider from the available list.
- The user needs to enter the login credentials for their TV provider account.
- The users can contact their TV provider, in case the login credentials are unknown to them.
- The user will see a “Success” message on both the devices to indicate the completion of activation of the channel.
- Sometimes it can take few minutes to complete the activation procedures.
HBO GO registration:
- If the user is signing for the first time then they need to complete HBO GO registration too.
- The user needs to enter HBO GO ID and a unique name for their HBO GO profile.
- It must have about 3 to 14 characters and should not include spaces or special characters.
- The user can enter their email address and their postal code(optional).
- Then select the Save option for completing HBO GO registration.
If there is any difficulty in handling the activation of HBO GO on Amazon fire TV stick then the users can try few of the Troubleshooting HBO GO techniques suggested by the tech experts. Or else you can also contact our technical assistance for resolving the issues and also get help in HBO GO activation.
Updating HBO GO app
Users can update HBO GO app to make the required changes reflect on their TV. To update the app the user can select HBO GO app and then choose the Update menu and choose Update option and then select the Update App Now option.
Troubleshooting Activation issues on Fire TV Stick
Below are few tips on troubleshooting HBO GO activation. In case the user is unable to complete the activation using the computer then they can stick to the below suggestions.
- The user can try clearing the cache and data.
- Users can start uninstalling HBO GO app and then reinstall it.
- To uninstall the user can remove HBO GO app from the device.
- Then restart the streaming device by disconnecting the power supply and reconnecting it after few minutes.
- Now the user can download HBO GO app from the Amazon app store.
- Now try reactivating HBO GO.
- If the issue still persists the user can try resetting the Fire TV stick device.
- Reset the device by navigating to the Settings menu. Select the Device option from the menu and then choose the Restart option.
- Users can also update the device software and HBO GO app.
- In addition, they can also try reactivation of the channel app.
- The users need to reactivate HBO GO on My Amazon Fire TV stick periodically for security purposes.
Steps to deactivate HBO GO on my Amazon Fire TV Stick
The users can follow the below steps to deactivate HBO GO on Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- You can open HBO GO app on the home screen of Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Now press the Menu button on the remote controller.
- Then the user can select Settings menu, then select the Deactivate HBO GO and the choose Deactivate Now option to deactivate HBO GO.
The user can also contact our support team +1-855-350-3180 to request assistance in HBO GO deactivation or on handling any HBO GO on Amazon Fire TV Stick related issues.