Created by Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy and produced by HBO Go on Roku, WESTWORLD, is a science fiction series. Based on a film by Michael Crichton in 1973 (that held the same name),programmed androids roam around the surface of the earth. The androids, known as hosts, can seldom be differentiated from the humans. Their programming prevents the hosts from harming humans. But the guests are at liberty to engage in any activity with the androids without retribution. WESTWORLD, one of the theme parks lets guests experience life in the Old West. Daily operations of the park are overseen by THE MESA connected through underground facilities to the park. The pilot for this series was ordered by HBO in 2013 and in 2016, the series renewed its episodes and a third season was recently refreshed in May 2018.
Activate HBO Go on Roku
HBO is an extremely popular service that has hosted several original programming and hit videos during its time. Most of the time, the Main Page of the Roku screen contains HBO Go. In the event you do not find it here, check in the CHANNEL STORE to locate it. Thereafter, open the app, and complete the SIGN IN process.
- On the main page, left sidebar, go down to the STREAMING CHANNELS option.
- Click on it to the go the MOST POPULAR menu.
- When you find the HBO Go tile, click on it and on the next screen select ADD CHANNEL.
- You can also choose VIEW SCREENSHOTS, similarly, if you wish to see a snapshot of what HBO Go has to offer.
- Additionally, the screen also provides you with a synopsis about the channel, its rating and its version.
- Consequently, a CHANNEL ADDED screen pops-up indicating channel availability on the HOME screen of the player.
Setting up HBO Go on Roku
- The HOUSE button on the Roku remote will take you to the main Roku screen.
- Scroll down to look for the HBO Go application.
- Here, you will find two options Activate your Roku device and BROWSE HBO GO.
- The moment you click on ACTIVATE YOUR DEVICE, a prompt will appear on the next screen indicating that HBO Go is actually free if you have an HBO subscription.
Activating your subscription
- Go to Hbogo.com/activate for device activation and entering the code that you see on the TV.
- Click on the CONTINUE button to see the ACTIVATE DEVICE Screen that will ask you to SELECT YOUR HBO TV PROVIDER.
- The MORE PROVIDERS button at the bottom will let you see additional names in the event you do not find your TV Company’s name in the immediate list.
- Finally, after a small verification process, where you enter your ID and password, click on SIGN IN for your account confirmation.
One of the biggest differences between HBO Now and HBO Go is that HBO Go is offered free with HBO while HBO Now requires a subscription. Furthermore, if you want to know more about how to activate HBO Go on Roku, call our experts +1-855-350-3180 for guidance.