Troubleshoot HBO GO
HBO GO can be streamed on any device that supports online streaming. For instance, you can make use of your Android Smart TV to stream content from this channel. While doing so, you may, however, face some issues with activation or with streaming the channel. In order to overcome such issues, you need to know the right remedial steps. Here’s a look at some of the most common problems and the Steps To Troubleshoot HBO GO On Android TV.
To activate the HBO GO channel on your Android TV, there are a few requirements.
- You need to download the correct HBO GO application from the Google Play Store
- After the download competes, make sure you also install the app on your Android TV
- You need to shuttle between your TV and your computer to effectively use the activation code
- Get the code from your TV once you select the Sign In option and enter it correctly on your computer
- For this, you need to log into the channel activation page on your PC
- Make sure you have the username and password of your channel provider before you begin this process
- You will need this information to activate the channel on your Android TV
If you are still unable to activate the channel, call us now on our toll-free number 1-855-350-3180. The steps are also common for troubleshooting activation issues on Fire TV Stick.
Other common troubleshooting tips
Checking for updates
The app will automatically update when it connects to the internet. Alternatively, you can manually update the app by using the following the steps.
- Open the app on your Android TV – the app will be located in the My Apps section of the Play store
- Choose the Update menu and check if there are any updates available for the channel
- For automatic updates, go to the Play store settings menu and choose the Auto-updates apps option
- Under this, you must choose Auto-update apps at any time to automatically update the HBO GO app
Use this option when you are unable to access the content on your Android TV.Sometimes this will resolve most issues with this channel app.
- Open the settings menu on your Android TV and open the HBO GO app
- You can clear both cache and data using the respective menu options
- Remember to select the OK button to confirm your selection
Uninstall and re-install the app
Another option to troubleshoot the device is to remove and install the app once again on your Android TV. This is not a time-consuming process as this will hardly take a few minutes.
- First, access the Settings menu on your Android TV and then navigate to the Apps section
- Here, select the HBO GO app and then select the Uninstall option
- Turn off your TV and once again turn it back on
- Now, begin reinstalling the app from the Play store of Google
- You may have to however activate your device once again for accessing content on the channel
Restart the device
- As a last resort, you can restart your Android TV to troubleshoot any persisting issue.
- Plug out your TV from the power source as well as from the other network devices.
- Reconnect the device and also Sign in once again to access the channel
Try playing a video to make sure that the troubleshooting was successful. https://www.hbo-go-activate.com is here to address any further queries with the channel. We are also available on our 24/7 toll-free helpline +1-855-350-3180.