HBO NOW is a standalone streaming service which you can subscribe on a monthly basis. You do not need a separate cable or satellite TV subscription to watch this channel.
HBO NOW is available for free for a month. You can start streaming original series along with movies and much more. After a month of free trial, users can subscribe the channel for $14.99 and could cancel the subscription anytime if required.
Users can stream HBO NOW through any devices like phone, tablet, PC or Televisions. HBO NOW is currently available only in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories.
Continue reading to know more on troubleshooting tips for HBO NOW on Roku
List of some Popular HBO NOW series:
- Ballers, Sopranos
- Hidden Figures
- Last Week Tonight
- The Wire
- La La Land
- Fantastic Beast
- Game of Thrones
- And Insecure
Note: Enjoy all these popular series without a break as all these popular channels on HBO are commercial free
Troubleshooting issues with HBO NOW on Roku:
Though you may not face many issues with the channel you might come across very minor ones. You can resolve these issues with very simple steps you find below.
Issues with HBO NOW sign-in:
If you face any trouble with signing in to the HBO NOW channel, then do the following
Method 1: try to sign in from another device:
- From another Android or IOS device try to download the HBO NOW App.
- Try to sign-in to the App.
- If you still face trouble then go through the sign-in troubleshooting tips from our website.
Method 2: Enable Flash and check for the browser software version:
- Check if the browser’s software is up-to-date.
- If not update the software.
- You should also install the latest version of Adobe Flash software. Update to the latest version if you have already installed the software.
Method 3: try another browser:
- Try to use another web browser.
- Make sure you enable the cookies on your web browser.
Method 4: Clear Cache:
- Clear all your browsing data and cookies.
- Clear all the caches.
- Close the web browser and open it again.
- Visit the HBO website and try to sign in again
The above-mentioned steps would have helped you to resolve the sign-in issues with the HBO NOW app. If you still face the issue then visit www.hbo-go-activate.com for more help.
Issues with Audio:
If you are not able to hear any audio or if you face any issue with the audio while playing the HBO NOW channel, do the following
- Check the settings of the Dolby digital surround sound.
- Make sure you have connected the speakers perfectly to the Dolby digital plus receiver.
- Check if you have connected the HDMI/Optical cable securely.
- On your device, check if you have chosen the audio settings to Dolby digital plus.
- You can also try changing the existing cables you were using.
After that, if you still face the issue then do the following
- On your Roku device Click on the Settings.
- Look for Audio on the settings menu and click on it.
- From audio menu choose Stereo.
Video issues with HBO NOW channel:
If you are using a wireless internet connection then these are the steps to troubleshoot the video playback issues.
- Make sure you check if the internet is working using other devices like mobile.
- Check if your ISP is facing any technical issues on their side.
- Use the internet speed tester to check for the speed of the internet.
- Sometimes when the internet is slow, you might face a video delay or the video might keep buffering.
- Try restarting your device if all the above-mentioned steps are perfect.
If you are using a wired internet connection then do the following
- Check if you have chosen the network settings to wired
- To do that, click on settings using the Roku remote.
- From the settings menu choose the Networks
- Check if the network is set to wired option. Or change the settings to wired (Ethernet) connection.
For Other issues:
If you face any other issue other than the one mentioned above then follow the common troubleshooting steps as mentioned
- Restart your Roku device.
- Remove the power cord from the device, wait for some time and connect it again.
- Power on the Roku.
- Remove the HBO NOW channel from the Roku device and add it again.
- You can also sign out of the HBO NOW channel subscription and sign-in again.
- Get a new activation code and re-add the channel and activate it.
If you still face any issue other than the one mentioned in the troubleshooting tips for HBO NOW on Roku visit https://www.hbo-go-activate.com You can also contact us on +1-855-350-3180 for additional help.