Watch Game of Thrones
Are you excited for the final season of the super popular fantasy series Game of Thrones by HBO? Who do you think are the best contenders for the Iron Throne or will there even be an Iron Throne left to contend? To find out, you can watch Game of Thrones live on the Roku streaming device in select channels.
You can watch Game of Thrones, on the Roku device, only on the HBO GO and HBO NOW channels. In the following steps, you’ll get to know about activating the HBO GO channel.
Activating HBO GO on the Roku streaming device
- The foremost step in activating HBO GO channel on Roku the device is to connect the device to your TV.
- For this connection, you can make use of an HDMI cable with a very high transmission speed.
- Then, sign into your Roku account using valid credentials after connecting the device to a network.
- Select ‘Streaming Channels’, from the ‘Home’ screen on Roku device, after you login to your Roku account.
- Doing this will give you access to the different channels under ‘Movies and TV’ category from which you should select HBO GO.
- By selecting ‘Add Channel’ option, add the HBO GO channel app, under your internet TV service provider.
- The channel app will now install on to your channel list which you can access from the ‘Home’ screen.
- Selecting the channel, you’ll see an HBO GO channel activation code on your TV screen. By going to the website hbogo.com/activate, enter this channel activation code.
- This will activate the channel HBO GO and you can stream Game of Thrones on your Roku player.
Watch Game of Thrones on the Hulu with Live TV package
- Stream Game of Thrones on Roku on the Hulu with Live TV package by subscribing to the channel.
- The base Hulu plan begins at $5.99 a month with advertisements and $11.99 a month without the advertisements.
- But, as HBO is a premium channel on Hulu, you have to subscribe to the HBO ‘add on’ for $14.99/month.
- Similarly, you can avail the ‘add on’ on the Hulu with Live TV package for $50.99 a month.
- This package does not play any ads while the Hulu Live TV with the ads will cost you $44.99 a month.
Watch Game of Thrones on the Amazon Prime Video package
- On the Amazon Prime Video package, you can stream Game of Thrones by getting HBO for $14.99 a month.
- Before you could opt for HBO on Amazon Prime Video, you’ll be getting a 7-day free trial.
Watch Game of Thrones on the PlayStation Vue package
- PlayStation Vue offers many plans to its customers like Access, Core, Elite and Ultra.
- However, HBO is only available on the Ultra package for $79.99 a month and unavailable in the other three.
- You should select the channel and sign in with PlayStation Vue Credentials, to watch HBO GO via the provider on Roku.
Watch Game of Thrones on the HBO NOW package
- HBO Now, a separate package for $14.99 a month, allows streaming of Game of Thrones.
- You will get, from HBO Now, a 7-day free trial and you can sign into HBO Now on Roku using your account credentials.
What is to be expected on the final season of the Game of Thrones?
Releasing on April 14, 2019, HBO’s Game of Thrones’ Season 8 will most likely begin with the Night King ravaging the lands North of Winterfell. With the resurrection of Viserion as an Ice Dragon, Daenerys and Drogon are sure to face off against the Night King. But, Dany is not the last Targaryen alive, so can we expect to see Aegon Targaryen aka Jon Snow mount a dragon? Will Arya assassinate all the people on her kill list? Or will Sansa Stark finally make use of all the lessons that she learned from her enemies?